Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Pirate By Any Other Name...


"Oxen and wain-ropes would not bring me back again to that accursed island; and the worst dreams that ever I have are when I hear the surf booming about its coasts or start upright in bed with the sharp voice of Captain Flint still ringing in my ears: 'Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!'"
-Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

These final words from Treasure Island inspired the title of the comic book I dreamed up over six years ago.  The name seemed perfect: it had a connection to pirate lore and it was relevant to the story which centered around a magic time-traveling coin.

Now, after consulting a number of people-- I think it's in the best interest of the book to have a name that's a little more distinct, a little more unique, in short-- something a little more original.

Effective immediately, Pieces of Eight will now be known as Pirates of Padre Tiempo. It was a difficult decision to make, but ultimately, I think it's the right call.

What does this mean for people who bought issue #1? NOTHING! I'm still working on the same story with the same characters and I can't wait to continue the adventures of Blackjack and Flynn! The only difference is the title!

So what's coming next? I'm working to release issue #1 digitally, there'll be a Pirates of Padre Tiempo website soon, and then this summer I'll be working hard on issue #2 trying to get it out ASAP! 

For now, keep an eye on the Facebook page HERE!

Change is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment